Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Emrtr4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
I have a question, I have been postign a lot lately because I am planning on buying a MBP (or something, god picking a mac to buy is so hard...so many good choices). Anyway, it is my moms birthday soon and I am thinking of buying her a blackbook. Anyway she has a computer from her firm (a POS dell laptop that is so old and outdated) and she travels a lot.

She really loves the design of the blackbook (and she likes slick loooking items, there's a reason all her TVs are sony...) but her firm uses lotus notes.

She knows her password and login for lotus notes, so is it as simple as me downloading lotus notes 7.0.2 onto her macbook and just typing in her password to allow her to acces all of her stuff on her macbook?

Thanks

phidauex

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2007
Lotus notes works fine on the mac, but lotus notes is also a giant pain in the butt to set up, either on mac or PC. Plus, its not a free download, her company will have to provide her with a license (which they should have, if they use it).

She should talk to her IT people at work, they'll have the potential answers. Once she gets a licensed copy and any server setup info she needs, it'll work fine.

peace,
sam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.