Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
I Have few questions about owning Using 2 IPhone devices at the same time.
1. if you had old iphone and you are buying a new one so it will let you back-up the data from the old iphone to the new one. Will it let me do that in 2 new iphones (I'll plug the first one and back it up, and then plug the second one- will it ask me to backup again)?
2. Can i use two Iphones with the same computer and ITunes acount?
3. data: everytime i will connect one of the iphones it will transfer all the app-datas (game saving etc) to the ITunes and then it will transfer the same data to the second one when i will plug it? for example:
When i bought the new iphones i transfered them both app data of a curtein game and i was in level 10. in one iphone i proceeded to level 20, and in the other i reached only 15. when i will plug the first iphone (20) to the computer and then the second one (15) it will transfer the seconf one (15) the ata from the first one (20) and it will get evel 20 too?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
1. if you had old iphone and you are buying a new one so it will let you back-up the data from the old iphone to the new one. Will it let me do that in 2 new iphones (I'll plug the first one and back it up, and then plug the second one- will it ask me to backup again)?
Itunes should let you do this.
2. Can i use two Iphones with the same computer and ITunes acount?
Yes
3. data: everytime i will connect one of the iphones it will transfer all the app-datas (game saving etc) to the ITunes and then it will transfer the same data to the second one when i will plug it? for example:
When i bought the new iphones i transfered them both app data of a curtein game and i was in level 10. in one iphone i proceeded to level 20, and in the other i reached only 15. when i will plug the first iphone (20) to the computer and then the second one (15) it will transfer the seconf one (15) the ata from the first one (20) and it will get evel 20 too?
No, iTunes will treat them a separate devices.

coorspate

macrumors regular
May 20, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

1 yes
2 yes
3 it keeps the separate as long as you name the phones different

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
Great!

Thanks for the quick answers (I Didn't thought someone would understand what I Meant). ITunes is Better that I Thought....
And one more thing: All of this will also work in two different computers with the same Itunes acount, right?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
You can make it work, but it can turn into a nightmare, if you don't know what you are doing.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/546956/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/961745/

The story is I Have one computer for both Iphones and i will sync bith of them to it, but i'm planning on doing for every IPhone a private computer for it. so after i'm getting the new computer and i want to connect the iphone to it (which was connected to other computer in the past) all I need to do is to enter the itunes acount username and password and access my library in both computers (wich every one of the new computers is synced with only one iphone) or I need to do all these things in the link so it work? can't i just access the itunes acount in both computers?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
The story is I Have one computer for both Iphones and i will sync bith of them to it, but i'm planning on doing for every IPhone a private computer for it. so after i'm getting the new computer and i want to connect the iphone to it (which was connected to other computer in the past) all I need to do is to enter the itunes acount username and password and access my library in both computers (wich every one of the new computers is synced with only one iphone) or I need to do all these things in the link so it work? can't i just access the itunes acount in both computers?
When you get the new computer, either PM me or open a new thread, and I'll help you set it up. You can't just connect an iphone, with data, to a new computer and have it copy over the data, and if you don't do it right, you can wipe the phone.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
When you get the new computer, either PM me or open a new thread, and I'll help you set it up. You can't just connect an iphone, with data, to a new computer and have it copy over the data, and if you don't do it right, you can wipe the phone.

wait, even if i'm setting the itunes to the acount i used in the old computer (appke id) it wont work? because when i deleted my computer once and installed ITunes again and signed in with the same itunes acount, all my apps returned to the computer and i could sync my IPhone and nothing was deleted (not even app-datas)....

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
wait, even if i'm setting the itunes to the acount i used in the old computer (appke id) it wont work?
No
because when i deleted my computer once and installed ITunes again and signed in with the same itunes acount, all my apps returned to the computer and i could sync my IPhone and nothing was deleted (not even app-datas)....
Evidently, when you "deleted" the computer, some of the data remained, because if you sync your phone to a new computer, with no iTunes data on it, some data will be lost if your not careful. You can't just enter your account number in the new machine and have that data magically appear. You will have to transfer some of the data from your iPhone to your new computer before your first sync, or you could lose it.

As I said when you get your new computer, I'll help you get the data off your phone and into the new computer.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
No

Evidently, when you "deleted" the computer, some of the data remained, because if you sync your phone to a new computer, with no iTunes data on it, some data will be lost if your not careful. You can't just enter your account number in the new machine and have that data magically appear. You will have to transfer some of the data from your iPhone to your new computer before your first sync, or you could lose it.

As I said when you get your new computer, I'll help you get the data off your phone and into the new computer.

when i said "deleted" i ment i deleted the entire computer, even installed the windows again and still everything with the Itunes was OK, but as you said, when i'll buy the computer i'll ask for full description for what i should do.
why does it has to be so complicated.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.