==HELP==can I have my mac replaced

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jorlen, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jorlen macrumors newbie

Hi, folks

just winthin 1 month and half, my MBA has been down twice since I bought it on Sep. 2. I didn't frequently use it as I mainly use my desktop. Several days ago, I had it repaired and apple store replaced its screen; yesterday I noticed the hard disk kept clicking and the noise was really loud; today, I can't get into the system and I can only see a blinking folder with a question mark when startup...

the machine really makes my annoyed...can I have it replaced ? do you guys have any idea about it?

Thanks for your suggestions

Jorlen

2. nintendude macrumors 6502

correct me if i am wrong but it sounds to me like your hard drive just failed. i suggest you take it to an apple store and they should replace it

3. jorlen thread starter macrumors newbie

Re

yeah, thanks. you are right. I went to apple store this morning, and had it replaced... the technician said it is a disk failure if there's a blinking folder when starting up... but all my data lost :eek: my data.............my files...my pics... my movies...... :mad:

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Which is what Time Machine is for...

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Yup, back-up is mandatory! I back-up at least 2X per week; if not for my iPhone, then my iTunes, iPhoto, and Word, Excel, Pages, and Numbers are extremely important items that need not be lost...:(