Help! Can not get into DFU mode from recovery mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Macattack650, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Macattack650 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have read many forums and am still in a pickle. My iPhone 3GS 32gb was successfully jailbroken with the most recent version of redSn0w until I went to use it today when the screen was yellow..

I then plugged it in and tried rebooting it with redSn0w, but I had to download and add an ipsw or firmware which was 4.2.1 After this some what failed I plugged the iPhone into iTunes and attempted to restore it. The restore partially fixed the phone because there is no longer a yellow blank screen and the plug into iTunes picture appears when on. Although, the iPhone can not finish a restore and simply says an error occurred with no specific error #. This introduces my predicament, the iPhone now can not get into DFU mode no matter how many times I try because before it turns off after holding the power button and then including the home button, the "plug into iTunes" screen appears a stops the DFU process. I can successfully enter DFU when not plugged into the usb, but can not when plugged in.

I have seen recommendations to restore iPhone, but after 4 attempts it is simply not working..

Any ideas? Is there some way I can get into DFU mode?

Thanks if you have managed to read all of my unlucky problem and thank you if you can spare another minute or two to give me a suggestion.

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4, so it may be slightly different, but I also sometimes see the Restore screen on the way to DFU mode. Just ignore it and continue:

1. Connect your phone to USB

2. Turn it off.

3. Press power and home simultaneously, and hold them for exactly 10 seconds. After one second the Apple logo appears. After approximately 8 secs it goes away, sometimes displaying the Restore to iTunes screen for a second or so. (If it does not go away, try continuing to hold power and home until it does go away and then keep holding for 2 sec more)

4. Let go of Power, but keep holding Home.

PLAN B:

Just put it in DFU mode before connecting it to USB. redsn0w accepts that, at least on a Mac. So does iTunes.