Help! Cannot connect to ftp, firefox won't let me login to any websites.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by laurena86, Jul 28, 2009.

1. laurena86 macrumors newbie

Not sure how the problem came about.

One day i could log in to any site using firefox, the next i couldn't log into anything. I type the password and username, when i click on "log in" nothing happens. It says "done" at the bottom left, but nothing has happened.

Safari works fine.

I would just get by, however after creating a website in iWeb i discovered anything FTP related will not work. I have tried lots of different FTP clients such as (Transmit, cyber duck, firezilla, cross ftp) but nothing works. The passwords etc are all correct as they work on my mac at work.

The only change I've made is installing little snitch, however nothing is restricted related with anything that would affect the current problem. I have tried usual suspects such as deleting cookie, erasing private data etc

Please help!!!

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Fix Little Snitch

Either Add Firefox to the trusted programs list, or remove Little Snitch. If it is the only change, odds are it is the only problem.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Try uninstalling the program that made the difference. You may think nothing will change, but you could be surprised.