Help, Cannot connect to imac with VNC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bombtech13, Jan 8, 2009.

1. bombtech13 macrumors newbie

I need some help! I can't connect to my iMac 2.4 from my aluminum MB. Strange thing is, I have both the iMac and MB settings the same, as far as remote management goes. They are both on the same network (time capsule), they see eachother with Chicken of the VNC, yet my iMac will connect flawlessly to my MB, but not the other way around. Is there something that I need to know about my iMac or MB.

On another strange note: utilizing cyberduck, I can connect to my friends server on my MB and see the directory listing, but on the iMac, I can connect, but it fails to list the directory. Hmm. Is there an issue inside my iMac that is preventing somethings or the MB? Please help

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Strange. If it's on, try disabling the firewall on the Security preference pane.

Do you have any other network/internet problems?

3. bombtech13 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I do not have any other problems with my internet/connection, I will take a look at the firewall this evening and update.

4. bombtech13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fantastic, thanks for the help, i had completely forgotten, I had changed my firewall preferences, and lo and behold, I was able to return it to mac preferred settings. Works great now, and it fixed both issues!