HELP cannot download/reinstall lion from recovery

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by melbournesurf13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. melbournesurf13 macrumors newbie

:mad: Machine: MPB Spring 2011, i5 2.3ghz

Alright my problem is several fold:

1. Machien started resetting time and date to weird hours/year 2000 or something like that. I know about PRAM incidents and issues going back as far as 2008. Didnt think much of it. Until yesterday.
    2. Machine boot up yesterday w/ low battery- spinning gear of death on gray apple screen. No load past the apple icon. KB backlight did not light. Spinning gear of death continued to spin.
    3. Machine would not boot in safe mode. Would restart after resetting PRAM. No dice, just SGOD. Again.
    4. Boot into recovery. Use disk util, says disk cannot be repaired : ( - no vital data so go ahead and Format HD, single pass. No repartition.

Now I go to download and reinstall lion from recovery. From there the computer hangs on gathering information from apple to determine eligibility. I had upgraded to lion straight from software update...recovery never gets past gathering info stage.

Go to view log. Log states wrong version of Mac App store.

So now I am stuck with no upgrade CD, no base CD...

My net connection is solid.

Any suggestions?

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I suggest you make an appointment at the Apple store, as it appears there is more hardware related errors than are initially apparent. If you are getting the low battery and times/dates restting the the system has lost its backup battery and something is draining the main down as well. I would suggest taking it pin and having them sort it all out. That is what the Applecare we pay for supports.