HELP! Cannot get display from 2010 MBP to TV!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmizz, May 8, 2010.

1. jmizz macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I purchased a third party mini displayport to HDMI adaptor off ebay and I cannot get it to show an image on my Sony Bravia KDL-46W4100. I've tried all 4 HDMI ports, and each one allows my MBP to detect the Sony being there with its various resolutions/refresh rates. However, no display shows up on the TV. I've tried turning on mirroring, turning it off, restarting the MBP, turning off the TV, firmware upgrade for both, etc. but the TV still shows no input signal. The MBP does flick off and turn blue when it first connects to the TV or if I choose a different resolution, but again nothing on the TV. Also with the Bravia, it's not picking up my MBP as a "PC" in the lists of inputs.

I've tried searching through the net and have found similar issues with other people but have yet to find a definitive answer. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

2. blackwind macrumors regular

Have u tried to leave hdmi plug into tv and reboot ur mbp and see if it picks up?

3. jmizz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, unfortunately nothing different happens.

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Have you set the resolution that the mbp will send to the tv to 1920x1080 since I am pretty sure that's a 1080p tv?

Hdtvs will only accept certain resolutions as input on their hdmi ports, you should make sure you are using an accepted resolution.

You can also try 1280x720 if 1080p does not work.