Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyFoxMcCloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I have Final Cut Pro v5 and I'm trying to input a .mov file but it gives me an error message. Indeed I can only bring in .flv files for some reason.

The file I need is originally an exported .mov from powerpoint which I need to edit music for.

It plays properly on my Quicktime pro but if I convert the file to .flv to have it access my Final Cut it drops all the transitions.

Any input?

LadyFoxMcCloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Format: RGB balance, 640 X 480, millions
FPS: .33
Data Size: 16.60 GB (not sure that is accurate)
Data Rate:118.40 mbits/s
Duration: 00.20.04.00
Normal Size 640 X 480
Current Size: 640 X 480

Recommendations?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
That sounds like a strange format and fps (frames per second), which is listed as .33, but normally a video has between 23.97 and 30 frames.

You could try open it in MPEG Streamclip and transcode it to a .mov file using the Apple ProRes 422 codec and using Uncompressed for audio.

LadyFoxMcCloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
There is no audio as of yet and I"m new to MPEG Streamclip...what is the best way to set it to use Apple ProRes 422?

Thanks for the help thus far :D

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
4812771632_1928a41174_b.jpg

Apple Intermediate Codec is only an example, you can select ProRes there. Also leave the video unscaled.
4812147081_078ef6b7f3_b.jpg

LadyFoxMcCloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Alrighty it still won't let me input it and it removed the transitions from the original .mov

This project will drive me mental.

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
The file I need is originally an exported .mov from powerpoint which I need to edit music for.

How is the MOV being created? What version of PPT? Is it an auto running PPT being exported?

Is there anything special about the PPT, or could you export the slides as images, bring the images into FCP and manipulate them there, with infinitely more flexibility.

LadyFoxMcCloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Power Point 11 and I do believe it is autorun.

The slide show was made by the brides mother (it's for a wedding) and she timed it so that when the songs were added nothing needed adjustment with the slides and she liked the transitions.

She seemed a bit put out when converting the file to my mac made the original font on one of the slides change but we fixed that. However, the ideal would be me not having to manipulate the presentation at all considering she has it as she wants it.

McDughf

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Great Britain
This reminds me of when I used to have a flash movie that I wanted to import into FCP. It played in quicktime No problem, but wouldn't import into Final Cut.

Have you tried exporting FROM Quicktime itself into a format such as No Compression Or Animation Instead Of flv?

if worst comes to worst and you Have Snow Leopard, You could try a Screen Recording...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.