Help - Cannot install OSX lion purchased from App Store

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lennydavies, Aug 26, 2012.

1. lennydavies macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I am really stuck here and I must be missing something obvious I have a macbook white mid 2007 - it has 4gb ram + 128 gb ocz agility 3 ssd.

I purchased OSX lion from the app store about a year ago I also have my original tiger install cd and my snow leopard upgrade disk , I have lost my original leopard upgrade disk.

I recently had an issue with my SSD requiring a firmware update to work with macs - it kept freezing and i bricked it in the process. That has now come back under RMA and now i am really stuck

I can get tiger installed ok but my Snow Leopard update disk refuses to upgrade the version of tiger that I have it insists on having leopard on there first which I can't do as I have lost my disk.

You can't use the app store on tiger so thats a no go.

I now have a mac pro retina and I have tried creating a usb recovery disk but that will only create a 10.8 mountain lion recovery drive which won't work or even boot for that matter.

The point is I bought a full version of OSX lion the the app store and now have no way of getting it onto my old macbook which I now want to sell.

Please note as my mac pro is the retina and my macbook white is 2007 so I have no means of writing a dvd.

Surely apple should provide a download installer that I can put on a usb stick to install my version of lion that is on the app store

2. doctormark77 macrumors member

doctormark77