Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommyhonda92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
Edmonton, Ab
I downloaded The Dark Knight off of Limewire, and it plays fine with Quicktime. I dragged it into iTunes and it transferred there just fine. I didn't try to play it at all at first. I went to Amazon to get the movie artwork for The Dark Knight and tried to copy that into the Artwork section for this movie. As I was doing this, iTunes closed and shut down. When I relaunched iTunes, the new artwork was not there for The Dark Knight. And now I can't uncheck it, I can't play the movie, I can't even go into the Get Info for The Dark Knight, and worst of all, I can't even delete it from iTunes. Whatever I do to this movie in iTunes, iTunes shuts down and closes! Any and all other movies and audio files in my iTunes works just fine.

Any advice on what I can do? Any tricks out there? I had a similar problem with other movies in iTunes at one time, but that was only when I tried to play the movie, iTunes would shut down....I could still go into the Get Info screens and what-not.

Please help ASAP. Thanks.

And before you flame me about using Limewire, I have decided to boycott all use of this program as I've had difficulty in the past with certain movies and audio files not being what they actually are.....slightly embarrising at times. Don't know if it's the result of the download I got from Limewire, but it seems strange that it would play fine in Quicktime, and transfer fine into iTunes, but not have any control of it in iTunes.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I downloaded The Dark Knight off of Limewire, and it plays fine with Quicktime. I dragged it into iTunes and it transferred there just fine. I didn't try to play it at all at first. I went to Amazon to get the movie artwork for The Dark Knight and tried to copy that into the Artwork section for this movie. As I was doing this, iTunes closed and shut down. When I relaunched iTunes, the new artwork was not there for The Dark Knight. And now I can't uncheck it, I can't play the movie, I can't even go into the Get Info for The Dark Knight, and worst of all, I can't even delete it from iTunes. Whatever I do to this movie in iTunes, iTunes shuts down and closes! Any and all other movies and audio files in my iTunes works just fine.

Any advice on what I can do? Any tricks out there? I had a similar problem with other movies in iTunes at one time, but that was only when I tried to play the movie, iTunes would shut down....I could still go into the Get Info screens and what-not.

Please help ASAP. Thanks.

And before you flame me about using Limewire, I have decided to boycott all use of this program as I've had difficulty in the past with certain movies and audio files not being what they actually are.....slightly embarrising at times. Don't know if it's the result of the download I got from Limewire, but it seems strange that it would play fine in Quicktime, and transfer fine into iTunes, but not have any control of it in iTunes.

Go to Home/Music/iTunes/Movies and delete it from there.

My advice is stop downloading from shady places, not to mention it being illegal. Is one movie worth destroying your entire Library?

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
You can't see a get info because the file is broken. Quicktime would report "This is not a movie file" errors. iTunes isn't so nice, it just refuses to do a thing. Delete the file and forget about it. Go buy TDK, it comes with an iTunes copy free.

tommyhonda92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
Edmonton, Ab
Go to Home/Music/iTunes/Movies and delete it from there.

My advice is stop downloading from shady places, not to mention it being illegal. Is one movie worth destroying your entire Library?

Thanks MacBoobsPro, I was trying to go about doing this but the direction you pointed out was not quite that simple for me, I had to go through the backdoor as this move(along with all my other movies) do not show up in Home/Music/iTunes/Movies. But I was able to find the right file and delete it by deviating slightly from your direction. So thank you!

And yeah, just as you said, I'm gonna stop using Limewire for my downloads....more problems than it's worth, not to mention the legality part. I have bought numorous songs and movies from iTunes legitamatly, and will continue to do so....i just wanted a simple copy of low quality to transfer to my iPhone for the trip I am going on...I already own the actual The Dark Knight on DVD, so I suppose I could just bring that DVD along instead.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Thanks MacBoobsPro, I was trying to go about doing this but the direction you pointed out was not quite that simple for me, I had to go through the backdoor as this move(along with all my other movies) do not show up in Home/Music/iTunes/Movies. But I was able to find the right file and delete it by deviating slightly from your direction. So thank you!

And yeah, just as you said, I'm gonna stop using Limewire for my downloads....more problems than it's worth, not to mention the legality part. I have bought numorous songs and movies from iTunes legitamatly, and will continue to do so....i just wanted a simple copy of low quality to transfer to my iPhone for the trip I am going on...I already own the actual The Dark Knight on DVD, so I suppose I could just bring that DVD along instead.

Or rip it using Handbrake. ;)

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Go buy TDK, it comes with an iTunes copy free.

No it doesn't. It includes a code to PURCHASE a copy for 2 dollars. And when you try to download it, the site says it requires Windows Media DRM and is "NOT compatible with any Apple product". What a crock.

Note: This was the regular widescreen DVD, not the BlueRay version in my case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.