Help: Can't download a damn thing form iTunes App Store.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Prof., Sep 13, 2014.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

The title says it all. I can't download a damn thing in iOS 7, Mac 10.9/10.10. I keep getting this popup, and no matter how many times I click "download", the window infinitely pops up again and again and again, but the download never starts. Doesn't matter if it's Mac, iPad, iPhone - nothing downloads.

Attached Files:

2. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

There's a chance your account is not configured for two-step authentication. Log into: http://appleid.apple.com to fix it.

Or maybe the iTunes Store is updating or under maintenance; just wait for a while (when did this problem start?)

In worse case scenario, log out of the AppStore on all your devices and sign up again.

let me know what the resolution was.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

5. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay, so!

Just spent the last hour on the phone with Apple. I had a whole panel of senior advisor/experts on the phone with me (i felt very important:cool::D). They have concluded that it is a problem with the developers updating all their apps in preparation for iOS 8. If there is an iOS 8 app on the app store that is compatible with family sharing (netflix, instagram, skype to name a few) they will not download on your iOS 7 device. Therefore you must wait until the release of iOS 8 before you can install said apps. They also said something about their servers being slammed.

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Yep, that's what I meant.

----------

Mmm... strange. My iPad Air and iPhone 5s are on iOS 8, but my wife's iPad 3 is on iOS 7 and she has no problem purchasing or downloading anything.

Also, if you upgraded to the latest version of iTunes, the problem should not affect you at all. I think there's something else going on.

Did you check your AppleID to make sure you are using Apple's new, more secure authentication?

7. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Yes. two-step has been set up since it launched. Most apps download no problem, however apps that have been updated to support family sharing will not work with iOS 7 according to AppleSupport. Not forever, obviously - just until iOS 8 launches and they find the bug.

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Then, I guess you just have to wait less than 2 days now.

9. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

That's what I'm gonna do. :)