Help! Can't "Drag" Anything!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SuparShadow, Aug 12, 2009.

1. SuparShadow macrumors member

SuparShadow

Hi everyone,

So I seem to have lost the ability to drag anything on my computer (not just in the Finder, but throughout the whole OS)

It's not a hardware issue; I booted from a back-up HD and was able to drag fine while running that disk.

I'm running 10.5.8 on a 2GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro.

The problem began shortly after installing today's Security Update, as well as trying to troubleshoot an iTunes/iPhone issue by repairing my disk permissions and deleted ~/Library/SyncServices and ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices

(I was/am getting an "iTunes cannot sync information with the iPhone 'iPhone 3GS' beacuse syncing has been disabled on this computer.")

I also just realized that I can't copy-and-paste anything.

So far, I've already tried deleting the Finder preferences, restarting the Finder, rebooting the computer.

(ETA: I've also tried logging into a guest account; the dragging and copy/paste problems persisted)

Help! Please!!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you create another user account, does it solve the issue? If it does then it would be strictly in your account, if not then it is system wide.

3. SuparShadow thread starter macrumors member

SuparShadow

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It sounds like a system file was corrupted during the update. If you have the time I'd do an archive and install, it won't touch any of your data but should solve any software issues. Then just do all the software updates again, if possible connect it directly to the router rather than using wireless.