help cant find app in application folder

kel86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
hi i just got my macbook pro and update it to lion, i saw xcode was free in the mac app store and so i downloaded and install it, but after i install it, i cant find it in the application folder, i can see it in launchpad, my dock and i can find it in spotlight.

and the weird thing is that when i check out the info, it say that the xcode is located in the application folder

it this normal ?? can anyone help me ??

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
hi i just got my macbook pro and update it to lion, i saw xcode was free in the mac app store and so i downloaded and install it, but after i install it, i cant find it in the application folder, i can see it in launchpad, my dock and i can find it in spotlight.

and the weird thing is that when i check out the info, it say that the xcode is located in the application folder

it this normal ?? can anyone help me ??
Check the Utilities folder (~/Applications/Utilities). If it's not there, search spotlight for Xcode.

kel86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Check the Utilities folder (~/Applications/Utilities). If it's not there, search spotlight for Xcode.
it is not in the utilites folder, i can found xcode in spotlight, but if i click open application folder at the dock, it is not there