Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
It just dials in when I press the Voicemail button, upgraded from 1st gen. Reset VM password also, still no workie.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
3g - i have ATT on the line now, they're looking into it. Friend just got a new one same issue.

Thanks for the fast responses!

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
call your phone number from your phone and it should take you into VM prompt and set it up.

I tried that earlier, but I just ended up leaving myself a message. I can dial in to VM when I hit the key and get messages the old fashioned way.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Well, after an hour and half with both ATT and Apple, this is still not working! The Apple rep was great, we tried everything under the sun, conferenced in to ATT - they reset the provision, still no go.

I found one other discussion on a related topic where the fix was to reset the VM password, but I tried this three times. One other funny thing, upon the password reset I never go the confirming text message.

They did say there were data issues in Michigan which may be a cause. I'm going to try a restore see if that does anything.

I can't believe this problem is new! Any other suggestions?

write2ram

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
visual voicemail down after 2.0.2

no access to visual voicemail... it just dials in to the regular voicemail. no notifications come through about new voicemails too. tried working with at&t tech support to resolve the issue, but couldn't work it out. they have filed a ticket and said they will get back to me!! hope i dont have to go replace my iphone.

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2006
i had a couple voice mails today that didn't show up until 8 hours or so after they were left.

updated to 2.0.2 yesterday.

carrjar

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Columbus, OH
Frustrating

I've waited over a month now to upgrade and after buying one yesterday...I have this problem with Visual Voicemail. I've tried several resets...password changes...etc. I hope there is a software fix ASAP. :mad:

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I think it's a network issue.

Today, the Visual VM screen finally came up and asked me for password. But, no actual voicemails are showing up.

liquidtrend

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
not sure if this might help, nor am i positive it makes much sense, but it ended up working for me.

had the same problem, couldnt even access the voicemail screen on the iphone 3g.
called att and they talked to a helpful rep who stated that there are a couple options on their system for the vvm. the person who set up my contract could have added an insignifcant one (why they would have multiple options on their system as well as insignif ones wouldnt make much sense). but it was fixed on their end.

problem still occurred, able to access the voicemail part, but the visual part on the phone wasnt working, so i did a restore.

now my vvm works fine.
makes sense.
parts of it does for me.
maybe you can shadow what i did and it can help.

let us know how it goes.

carrjar

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Columbus, OH
Same Problem-STATS

Upgraded from iPhone to 3GiPhone yesterday 8/20
I live in SE Ohio

Tried the following:
1) Reseting VM Password
2) Calling ATT to reset VM
3) Changed Greeting
4) Restoring to Factory Settings, then...
5) Restoring from Back Up
6) Reseting iPhone
7) Turn off 3G

Tried just about everything.

Hopefully it's a network issue. I'll wait it out for 24 hours.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Well, it fixed itself finally. This morning, the VVM screen came up and prompted for the password. There were no messages showing up however. Then, after about 4-5 hours, poof there they were and everything is fine now.

I got my phone on Monday, my co-worker got his on Wednesday and they both started working the same way at about the same time.

So it is a data network issue - but it's unclear how related to new or upgraded accounts it may be. My advice to anyone having the issue is not to spend hours trying to fix it like I did! A call to ATT is worth it if it's a new or upgraded contract just to make sure it's provisioned, and perhaps rebooting the phone or resetting the network, but I don't think a restore is necessary.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Well, now it seems voicemail is down entirely. I call myself from landline, just rings and rings. Hold 1 to dial VM from iPhone, just rings and rings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.