Help! Cant import HV20 camera video to computer :(

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by smallthintiny, Feb 17, 2009.

1. smallthintiny macrumors newbie

I read everything I could and tried everything I could but I dont know what to do.

I recently bought a macbook to edit my HV20 software and I was wondering how to import my video to the imovie 09 program? I have connected the video and everything but I don't know how to get the footage onto the computer. I went to Import and it rewinds my tape and plays it back on my LCD screen but how do I get the footage onto the computer??

OH and that neat thing where you can see the thumbnails on the imovie...I am assuming that that only happens hard drive camcorders and not tape?

I already looked at that video...My hv20 does say import and everything is fine, but when I am importing it doesn't import the video. It just plays it on my LCD.

The import counter (where it would say how much tape I have imported) doesnt go up either. it stops at 00:00:00

It just plays on my LCD :( I want to edit!!

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Have you connected the camcorder to your MacBook using FireWire or USB? You need to use FW.

3. smallthintiny thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have done that. Like I said, I connected everything fine, it just wont capture. My laptop even recognizes that it is an HV20

4. xStep macrumors 68000