HELP! Can't install either OSX 10.6.7 or itunes 10.3.1

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hutchtheclutch, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hutchtheclutch macrumors newbie

I'm really really REALLY frustrated now and at my wits end so hopefully someone out there can assist.

I need to update itunes to 10.3.1 so downloaded but when i get to the 'validating packages' stage of the install is fails saying "The update iTunes can't be installed" then "The update could not be expanded, and may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs."

I tried:-
    - repairing disk permissions
    - uninstalling itunes, including deleting all pst files etc as per other forums. BUT obviously could't reinstall itunes so had to recover from time machine

I then read somewhere that should install the 10.6.7 OSX combo. HOWEVER when tried to install this, got an error message ""The installation Failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the softmare manufacturer for assistance"

AGHH!!!

I then reinstalled OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.1 but makes no difference, as still get both the above error messages.

Is there anybody out there who can help here?? please...

2. Hutchtheclutch thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that's where I have downloaded itunes from. It's the install part I'm having issues with.