HELP! Cant install Yosemite!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by virginblue4, Dec 3, 2015.

1. virginblue4, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

So I've wiped my hard drive by following this video, now there is no disk for me to reinstall Yosemite. I went back to disk utility and this is all I can see. I am handing the mac over to a new owner tomorrow! I don't know what to do! Any help?

Update - Currently speaking to Apple now and they are guiding me through. Hopefully it works!

Attached Files:

2. virginblue4, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Seems that they can't do anything and I will have to send the iMac in. Hopefully this doesn't ruin the sale! :(

Thankfully it's still under warranty until Feb 2016!

3. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

4. UncleSalty macrumors newbie

Tell your prospective buyer that your getting it checked out by apple prior to the sale to make sure there are no problems
    with it.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You have a core storage volume left on there and that is why you cannot do anything with it. Follow this....

Hold command-option-r at startup to get to Internet recovery. Select your wifi and you will see a spinning globe while the recovery utility downloads. Then you will see the recovery screen. Form there to to the utilities menu up top and select Terminal. Now type in the line below exactly like I have it including the quotes and hit return. That will wipe the drive.

Code:
    diskutil cs delete "Macintosh HD"
    Now quit Terminal and start Disk Utility. Go to the erase tab and select the drive at the top of the lefty column. Then select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in the dropdown and apply that format. Once it is formatted quite Disk Utility and click resinstall OS X.