HELP cant jailbreak iPod Touch HELP....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by fuzion11, Aug 11, 2010.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey everyone,

I searched quickly and couldn't find any definite answers so here I am....

I am trying to jailbreak my mom's iPod Touch 8GB MC....everytime I slide the bar at jailbreakme.com the device powers itself off and on again or just crashes safari...but mostly just repowers.

The firmware is on 3.1.3

I've tried clearing all history, resetting network settings and tried jailbreaking it about 50 times all with the same conclusion.

Can someone please advise me as to what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to get this done for her.

Thanks in advance!:D

2. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Jailbreak me uses a vulnerability only in 4.0. I think you have to use spirit.

3. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

This. Don't try updating because the latest firmware blocks jailbreakme.com. Also, iOS 4 runs horribly on your device.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I'm 99.99999% sure you're wrong about the vulnerability only being able to work with 4.0...in fact I'd bet my left *ut that it works on 3.1.3 too.

I know, this sucks so much, it's a total catch 22....I can't JB at the moment and save my SHSH files to cydia...Also I can't upgrade to 4.0.1 now because Apple stopped signing the firmware.

My only hope now is that someone has some sort of trick that I'll be able to JB 3.1.3 with jailbreakme

I really just wanted to use jailbreakme, as it's so easy and all....but can I use Spirit to jailbreak 3.1.3??