Help! Cant login to websites using Firefox/Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samonuske, Jun 18, 2009.

1. samonuske macrumors newbie

I just got my new MBP yesterday and i have been trying to log on to torrentleech.org, but i cant as the captcha image verification thing isnt loading, its driving me insane, ive tried both Safari and Firefox. Ive attached what shows up and what should show up but doesn't, please can someone explain what is going on!?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Likely caused by using AdBlock or another extension. I've run into the same problem and that was the cause.

3. samonuske thread starter macrumors newbie

What do i do to get around this? i havent installed any adblocking app on either safari or firefox?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Hmm, hard to say for certain. You can check if there are any errors occurring on the page. In Firefox under the Tools menu there is an option for Error Console. You may need to clear it then reload the page to clear away the clutter. From Safari, you can go under the Window menu and choose the Activity option. This will bring up a window that lets you see the various items the page downloaded. You can see if any had trouble downloading.

Another possibility is that the block is happening at the firewall level or if you're at work it may be getting blocked by them, that happens to me a bit. The screen shot you took of how t should be, was that done from the same network?

5. samonuske thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it to work, all i needed to do was clear the cache and cookies! thanks for your help anyway.