Help.. Can't make a conference call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by senseibiz, Aug 19, 2008.

1. senseibiz macrumors regular

Hello everyone..
    I just tried to make a conference call with my friends, but everytime I tried to push merge calls. It tried to merge then stopped.. I thought maybe its my iphone.
    so I tried on my wifes iphone and the same thing happened.
    we have an iphone 3G

Anyone having these issues or know a way to fix.
    can someone please try to make a conference call and see if it works.

Thanks,
    sensei

2. transam7816 macrumors regular

this has happened on both of my 3g iphones as well. it seems like it could maybe be the voice service from at&t? maybe they need to add a feature onto the account or something. i dunno i haven't called to see if there is a resolution offered for the issue.

3. senseibiz thread starter macrumors regular

I have not heard anything on this. Does anyone know anything about this. I'll call AT&T and ask.

4. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

its doing the same thing for me. I dont use it ever, so i have not looked deeper into the situation.

5. senseibiz thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on the phone with ATT right now and so far, They told me that conference calling is included. they told me to turn both phones off and restart them.
    they also said to call apple technical support tomorrow.
    still not able to make conferece call.

6. senseibiz thread starter macrumors regular

Wen't to apple store to have them check out both phones. He took out his sim card and put it on my iPhone. He was able to make a conference call. He told me that it was an account issue. AT&T had to switch it on. So I went back to AT&T and told them what had happened. After a half hour they told me that at the time it was activated, it was not turned on. It has to do with voicemail. Now I'm able to make conference calls on both iPhones.