Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
My iTunes library is on an external drive, and I borrowed a macbook pro for this trip. The last time I opened iTunes was on my 24" iMac, so the window was pretty big. Now that I opened it on the macbook, with a 15" screen, the bottom is just not on the screen and I have no way to read the corner to scale it down. It stays like this even if I quit and restart. :(:(:(

Any help is appreciated!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Okay my bad, I literally figured this out right when I posted this.
All you have to do is switch screen resolutions to a smaller size, hit the maximize button on the window and it rescales to fit that resolution. Switch back to your native resolution and the window is back to normal.

Just in case someone else encounters this... Not that they will. :p

Reactions: Quackers

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
The easiest way to fix this doesn't involve changing resolutions. Just click the green button while holding down the Option key.

Reactions: Quackers

cisco the kid

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Okay my bad, I literally figured this out right when I posted this.
All you have to do is switch screen resolutions to a smaller size, hit the maximize button on the window and it rescales to fit that resolution. Switch back to your native resolution and the window is back to normal.

Just in case someone else encounters this... Not that they will. :p

Thank you. I think you just saved me a call to Apple Care.

LKG1950

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2021
Thanks Plinden. Didnt see this suggestion anywhere - easy and did the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.