Help! Can't stream video from mac mini to anything via itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by knux11, Apr 22, 2008.

1. knux11 macrumors regular

Long time reader, first time poster.

Well first off, i'll explain my setup:

I have a mac mini running vista via bootcamp, used mainly as a DVR via beyondtv. I also have a macbook, my wife's Gateway laptop running vista, a PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and two iphones, all connected to the net (and each other somewhat) via an AEBS. The problem i'm having is i can't stream any video from one place to another using itunes, only audio. it shows up under shared libraries, but when i click on them nothing happens, no matter how long i wait. I can stream these same files between the 2 windows machines using media center though. I can also use orb/tversity/mediaconnect to stream these same files to the xbox and/or ps3, but i get a lot of hiccups, and sometime the streaming will flat out stop or error out. I never have issues with audio files. Is this an itunes problem? Should i be using another program to stream video? I'm going to start ripping my dvd's to the mac mini soon for streaming, but i'd like things to be more reliable beforehand. What do i need to do?

AEBS is running in n/b/g mode, 2.4ghz BTW.

Oh yeah i guess i should mention that none of the video (or anything for that matter) has DRM, nothing's from the itunes store. And everything is visible from all computers, meaning audio and video files. It's just that i can't play any video file in itunes that is on another computer.

2. knux11 thread starter macrumors regular