Help! Can't Update to iOS 7.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SinGaK1D, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinGaK1D macrumors newbie

Hey guys! appreciate it if u could help me. I got an error while updating to iOS 7 on mountain lion. the error says firmware file is not compatible. Thanks.

2. ronaldsmith macrumors newbie

CANNOT UPDATE TO IOS7 Beta

Cannot update to IOS 7 Beta - firmware file not compatible.

Anyone having or had the same problem? Solutions??

Thanks

3. jtudor macrumors newbie

4. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

What phones and what exact firmware file are you guys using? Might be easier to help if we knew that..

5. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Since you're all developers (as that's the only way you should be getting iOS 7) you should be able to do one of two things:

#1) Know how to install a beta OS properly without the assistance of others (how can you call yourself a developer if you can't even install a simple IPSW?)

#2) Know how to use the Apple Developer Forums and understand that, MacRumors is NOT the place to post these types of issues or questions.

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Are you registered developers?

If not stay with iOS 6.

7. saldawop macrumors regular

I had the same thing. I thought that there was one version for GSM and one for CDMA ,however the one for CDMA is also for some GSM phones too

8. jtudor macrumors newbie

I am a fully registered developer but I'll be honest, I only use it for beta releases of multiple things. I have an iPhone 5 running 6.1.4 software and I have the correct ipsw downloaded (double checked the correct version)

9. Zombiechow macrumors newbie

If you don't know how to update your phone, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Wait for the public release.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

11. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

If you ask over on the site you got it from, you will get the support you need. Regardless of whether it was a torrent/dodgy-download site or Apples site.

I get the feeling folks here are annoyed with non-developers getting their hands on beta versions and then asking here how to load them, how to fix them, or, how to roll back to an earlier version, etc...

Personally, I find it quite amusing to see all the folks willing to load their sole working phone with potentially unstable betas. :rolleyes:

12. andrewweiser macrumors newbie

Problem Installing iOS 7 Beta

Hey guys,

I apologize if this is a repeat post, but I've seen in mentioned around the web, and have experienced the same issue.

I have a jailbroken GSM iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1, and when I go to update to the iOS 7 beta, it keeps returning that the "This device isn't eligible for the requested build".

Have others seen this? Do you have to be on 6.1.4 to update? Thanks!

13. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

This error generally comes from an unregistered UDID on the device. Either from not being a registered developer, having paid someone to add you who got caught and cut, or backlog has caused your legit submission to not be saved and processed just yet.

I suppose it is also possible that something in the jailbreak could be causing a misread, perhaps not transmitting your UDID properly. Are there any security/privacy tweaks installed. Or maybe the system is set to detect certain jailbreak tipoffs and not allow installation out of concern that the device might brick

14. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Wow. How do so many DEVELOPERS not know how to update their phone?

Put it in DFU mode and update that way.

15. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

I've been on beta 1 on my iPhone 5 for about 12 hours now and I'm very surprised at how stable it is, I'm using it on my main phone. All my apps work, and data, SMS, and calling all work.

Also this happens everywhere not just ios betas. At xda, anytime someone builds expiremental roms, there are always those people that flash them and complain the freaken wifi or calling doesnt work even though it's clearly a beta build

16. TOOFY macrumors regular

I am trying to update my phone to iOS7 and i get an incompatible error on iTunes when i try to. I have the iPhone 5 AT&T version 1428 model. However, it still says the error even if i try 1428 or 1429. Put it in DFU mode to push the restore but still same thing.

Not sure as where to go from here.

17. Omarsoso macrumors newbie

im not sure of this:
    i have the same problem as you
    but i found is a website that your iphone must be on ios 6.1.4 as a step to ios 7 beta upgrade
    i didnt try this but im downloading ios 6.1.4 now
    note:they said 6.1.4 for iphone 5 so it is 6.1.3 to other as i think

18. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I will say it again since some of you seem to not be able to read.

Since you're all developers (as that's the only way you should be getting iOS 7) you should be able to do one of two things:

#1) Know how to install a beta OS properly without the assistance of others (how can you call yourself a developer if you can't even install a simple IPSW?)

#2) Know how to use the Apple Developer Forums and understand that, MacRumors is NOT the place to post these types of issues or questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.