Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NDK2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 with the IO5 update but can't update to the 5.01????

connect to itunes and says ( this device is not eligible for requested build)???

never have this and updated to 5 no problems - plugged partners new iPhone in also and some problem?

how do i solve this please guys?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I have an iPhone 4 with the IO5 update but can't update to the 5.01????

connect to itunes and says ( this device is not eligible for requested build)???

never have this and updated to 5 no problems - plugged partners new iPhone in also and some problem?

how do i solve this please guys?

Have you tried to download the update over-the-air (OTA) by going to Settings>Genera>Software Update?

NDK2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Have you tried to download the update over-the-air (OTA) by going to Settings>Genera>Software Update?

Im sorry i don't understand? i plugged my phone into itunes as always then downloaded the update through iTunes for phone - al software is up to date

----------

The links are not opening?

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
Im sorry i don't understand? i plugged my phone into itunes as always then downloaded the update through iTunes for phone - al software is up to date

----------

The links are not opening?

On your iPhone, select the SETTINGS app. Then go into GENERAL then select SOFTWARE UPDATE. What does it say there?

NDK2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
On your iPhone, select the SETTINGS app. Then go into GENERAL then select SOFTWARE UPDATE. What does it say there?

Thank you this worked doing the update on my phone but why didn't it work on the iMAC??

MusicalMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2011
The world ;-)
Helping to update.

I have the same issue, different problem, if you get what I'm saying lol.
I managed to download the new iTunes, ready to update my iPod so that I could get the new software; but its been backing up for ages, I keep unplugging my iPod and giving up because it takes hours and won't update. I'm now going to have to leave it on overnight haha.
I think most people are having issues with this, so your not the only one ;D
Have you tried googling Itunes, downloading the new version, then updating it from there? Thats of course if it backs up quicker for you. Good luck, MusicalMac :) x

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.