HELP! CaseCrown Lux Glider is STUCK on my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by denyc, Sep 22, 2012.

1. denyc macrumors newbie

I put the CaseCrown Lux Glider on my 5 as soon as I got it, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it off. The small portion is pretty easy to remove, but the large upper section doesn't move a millimeter. Help! Am I stuck with this case for eternity??

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I'm in the same boat and just got this email:

I've sent them a reply on how to best remove the case without damaging the phone and I'll let you know when I get a response.

I sure hope when I do get it off there on not scratches....

Edit: I was able to pry the case off without damaging the phone.

3. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Well that's a load of crap, mine will be here today maybe and I can't put it on my new iPhone 5 unless I want to risk scratches and it getting stuck. I ordered directly from Casecrown but I guess I should of ordered from Amazon in case this type of thing happened.

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I'm guessing the Amazon cases are defective too so who you ordered from wouldn't matter.

I think a no questions refund or replacement is generous.

5. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

It's only generous if you didn't end up scratching your iPhone with the case.

6. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Fair point. I'd expect them to cover any damages if it did. Fortunately mine didn't so I didn't have to find out.

7. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

It's not just cases from Amazon. I ordered off casecrown and got the email as well

8. Advil macrumors 6502a

my black one is really tight, but not tight enough to scratch the phone. just a pain to put on and remove.

9. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I ordered directly from CaseCrown and have not received an email yet. My iPhone 5 wont arrive until the end of next week, so no biggie to me as long as they take care of this.

10. emaja macrumors 68000

Got that email too but fortunately I didn't put it on yet. I guess this is likely to happen when case makers don't have the final specs and have to make an educated guess. I recall this happening with the iPhone 4 launch as well.

11. rmwebs macrumors 68040

I'd take it off and get them to send you the free replacement - not worth risking it scratch it or get stuck somewhere down the line.

12. denyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: wearing a rubber dishwashing glove to grip the phone while pulling off the case works. Thank goodness, no scratches on the phone from the overly-tight case.