help! CD stuck in drive!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trev, May 1, 2007.

1. trev macrumors 6502

so the cd was reading and I moved my macbook... I'm guessing that slid it off the hub. Anyway... I did the hold the click button and reboot and it still didn't come out. I can hear it spinning and sounds like it's scratching like crazy in there. I can't start up my comptuer because all it does is try and read the cd... any idea what I can do?

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Sometimes you have to hold that button down for a long time.

Alternatively, try opening iTunes and "Eject Disc".

3. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

nevermind... got it!

just stuck a credit card in there and poked at it for a bit... I eventually got my computer to start up and then did the click restart thing... s'all good!!!

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Yes you have to hold it down for 2 seconds atleast, also try restarting the computer holding down the mouse button, or typing drutil tray eject in terminal. I dont know if it works but thats what ive read here.

5. kwabena macrumors member

kwabena

Hold down the option key, the command key (that's the one with the picture of the apple and the curly-cornered square), and the O and F keys as your computer starts up (all at the same time). Instead of the usual Mac startup screen, you should see a white screen with some lines of text on it. Type "eject cd" (don't type the quotation marks) then press the return key, and give your computer a minute to see if it does so. To continue starting up your machine normally, type "bye" or "mac-boot" (again, without the quotation marks) and press the return key

6. djbrickhouse macrumors member

Is that what I would have called "single user mode" in the old NeXT days?

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Nope, it is an open firmware command line interface and only works on PPC machines.