HELP!!! --=>Change TOOLBAR icons

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkSwarm, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DarkSwarm, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

DarkSwarm macrumors newbie

Hello,

Did some google searches and found nothing related to this topic, so I decided to ask here.
    I want to change the default finder toolbar icons (back, forward, path and view icons, search, etc), does anyone know the path location for these?

I want to make my own icons in photoshop and manually change them, the same way you'd do with the log on screen or icon :D
    I know about the customize toolbar option, but that doesn't allow you to change the icons, just to arrange them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Deomitrus macrumors member

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

So I just happened to click this thread, saw your post and now have to reply to you with a thank you. I've been changing a lot of my icons over the past few days, mainly just folder icons and the icons for apps I use frequently. I found some really cool icons for Safari, but for some reason only the one I liked most would not work..so I decided to download img2icns (which I had never heard of before), and it worked!

So, thanks!

4. DarkSwarm thread starter macrumors newbie

Still can't find them

Thanks a lot for the help, opened the finder app and found many icons that i can change.
    But still haven't found what i need (the back, forward buttons are not there)
    I've attached a picture below to show what icons i need to change.

Attached Files: