Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys,

I have attached the banner.

I really like this banner and would like to use this on my website (yes I have the rights to it). However the color scheme needs to be changed. The question is how do I change the color? When I use the paint bucket tool it does not change the whole color over, is there some secret? Sorry I'm really a novice at this.

I have Pixelmator as an application, will this work, if so how. I would also be happy to use a free alternative if Pixelmator does not work.

Basically I want to change the blue and green to a royal blue and light grey (almost white) color.

Cheers everyone.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 98

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Use the Image -> Replace Color tool, pick the colour to relace (remember to increase the radius to max or thereabouts) and then turn the colour wheel to change the colour. Repeat for the other colour(s).

You may need to use a bit of time to get it just right (especially where the colours overlap), but here's a quick 30 second test I did, just to demonstrate the point:

attachment.png

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Thank you so much, this is what I wanted however how would I create a grey color with the wheel? Sorry to be a pain.

Edit: Ignore me found it, this is perfect thanks so much you're a legend :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.