Help charging iPad Mini in BootCamp Windows via USB.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by east85, Jun 6, 2014.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I can't seem to get my MacBook 5,1 to charge my iPad Mini (5w charge) via USB. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit. It's a clean install if that makes a difference. I've been prompted to Trust on my iPad and I have trusted the computer with the device.

My MacBook charges my iPad on the Mavericks partition fine.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, it happens to me as well, I just plug it into the wall adapter.

3. east85, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Yeah I'll probably end up doing the same if a good solution doesn't turn up. :apple:

Edit: I've found an ASUS program that fixes the problem according to multiple forum posts here and elsewhere, but it's basically giving me errors, no luck yet.

http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/

4. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

It's actually charging slowly even though it says it isn't. It was at 92% when I plugged it on, now it's 94%. I guess I'll just deal with that little quirk. I'm sure it's because the power output of the USB is below 5W due to drivers, but at least it's generating something.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its odd how it doesn't work, almost like apple doesn't want you to use PCs and windows with the iPad. I'm not that much in need to charge my iPad on the computer so the wall plug method is sufficient for me :)

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel