Help! checked remote login

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Ninjiago, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ninjiago macrumors newbie

I have a new macbook with lion. I always carefully locked the System Preference. But sometimes, the System Preference became unlocked, and Remote login in Sharing was checked. I was very confused, no one suppose to know my password to unlock System Preference. And it most likely happened when I connected to internet (regardless ethernet or wifi). Can someone tell me what's going on? How to block the unauthorized access to my laptop? Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Relax. Your Mac hasn't been compromised. The only way Remote Login is checked is if you checked it yourself.

3. Ninjiago thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for quick reply.

I am sure that I did not check it by myself. Whenever I found it was checked, I always uncheck it, and make sure to lock the System Preference as well. But after a while, it happened again. I mean the System Preference became unlocked, and Remote Login is checked.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No one is accessing your Mac. Click the lock and enter your admin password to make changes. Then uncheck Remote Login. Then click the lock and make sure it's closed. If you want, you can also change your admin password.