Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Hi all,

I am hoping that you can help me. I have recently sold a few bits on ebay and now have approx £150 (in a paypal account) to spend on a new monitor. I have a late 2007 MBP 15inch and want to set up a 2nd screen for image editing in Aperture. I believe that the MBP uses a DVI port for second screen connectivity.

What I don't know is what it is I should be going for. I am not interested in ever watching TV through it or hooking up a games console, it is solely for image editing only. I will be colour calibrating the MBP screen and the second screen to look the same with a Spyder 3.

If someone could recommend me a monitor around the £150 and up to 22inch then that would be great.

I know it's asking a lot but if the retailer in the UK also accepts Paypal then that would be even better as I won't lose money to Paypal in fees for transferring the cash to my bank account. Only retailer I have seen so far is Dabs.com, however I haven't looked too far.

Thanks all for your help in this matter.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Hi all,

I am hoping that you can help me. I have recently sold a few bits on ebay and now have approx £150 (in a paypal account) to spend on a new monitor. I have a late 2007 MBP 15inch and want to set up a 2nd screen for image editing in Aperture. I believe that the MBP uses a DVI port for second screen connectivity.

What I don't know is what it is I should be going for. I am not interested in ever watching TV through it or hooking up a games console, it is solely for image editing only. I will be colour calibrating the MBP screen and the second screen to look the same with a Spyder 3.

If someone could recommend me a monitor around the £150 and up to 22inch then that would be great.

I know it's asking a lot but if the retailer in the UK also accepts Paypal then that would be even better as I won't lose money to Paypal in fees for transferring the cash to my bank account. Only retailer I have seen so far is Dabs.com, however I haven't looked too far.

Thanks all for your help in this matter.

Although i dont know how much £150 is in US $, the Acer H233H, 23inch is a great monitor for only 200$. You could get An Acer H243H, 24inch, for just a bit more.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
This is more than your budget - wait, hear me out! - but the Dell 2209WA has it fans (including many on MR here so have a look) and I read some interesting stuff on some photo forums, where people got it with the main intention of photo editing. 22" and has DVI. Price varies, but eBuyer does it for £199 with free delivery - oh, it accepts PayPal so if nothing else the site's worth having a look-see.

As I say, I know this is more than what you're looking at price-wise, but prices are generally higher than America and once you've added delivery, something like that Acer model may not work out that much cheaper.

I'm not the sort to always enourage people to spend more than they need, but if you're getting this (as you said) specifically for image editing, I would certainly shop around and it would be worth checking a few dedicated photo forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.