Help Choosing Case (Urgent!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cambookpro, Apr 15, 2013.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,

I'm going on a geography field study next Monday and you need a camera - I thought I'd use my phone, which is fine, but since I'll be near (and in :eek: :p) rivers and ponds, I though I'd better protect it a bit better!

I have ordered an Ortlieb A6 Document case for waterproofing (link), but wanted a conventional case to put on my phone to protect from any bumps etc.

I have attached what I have in my basket right now, but obviously only wish to buy one! I'm torn between the black/white Speck Candyshell, or the black Speck PixelSkin HD.

Any help choosing would be appreciated, or could you recommend a better case altogether? I have a black iP5 if that makes a difference.

Bearing in mind I only want to spend <£15, as this will most likely be used for a few days next week and thats about it - I'm planning on sticking with my leather pouch after.

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I haven't tried any of the Speck cases yet but why don't you look for video reviews on each case on YouTube? When I'm interested in a case, I always look for a video review so I know if its a good case for me or not

3. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Thanks, I have looked but just wanted to see what the MR community thought. I'm probably leaning towards the black CS but it's good to get input from other clever people :p

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I never played with the Pixel skin by Speck but I liked the white Candy shell I had on my white 4S. It did scratch easily but I loved it. I'm sure the black one is just as fine. If I was you, I'd wait so see other cases but in my personal experience, I'd go with the black candy shell since I never did try to pixel skin

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Otterbox comutter or defender case. BUY ON AMAZON. 20-30$

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

6. damant macrumors 6502

damant

7. maxosx macrumors 68020

If you value your phone Otterbox is a safe choice.

8. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Ok thanks for the replies. Will check the Candyshell and Otterbox out at the weekend.