Help Choosing MBPr 13 inch Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPhoneApple, Aug 9, 2014.

1. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

After an unexpected incident, I just bought a new MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina computer. I want to keep it nice so it can continue working for at least the next 4 years.

Looking for a case (not a sleeve or bag) that won't overheat it, but will prevent it from getting scratches.

Anyone have some suggestions for a good case (one that can help with minor drops would be a huge plus)?

So far, I've only seen Speck, Tech21, and TopCase (Amazon).

Would love some advice. Trying to keep the cost under $100

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Get a decent bag or backpack and only use it somewhere you won't drop it like in bed. Cases look ugly and do little to protect it. You're more likely to get scratches from dirt under the case than using it naked.

I've hauled my MBP through at least 28 states and the only scratch on it is where my wife dropped a can on the speaker cover - something a case wouldn't have helped prevent.

3. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't think of dust getting into the case. Any suggestions for a nice sleeve?

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I just bought this one! It fits snuggly and is super soft inside. And I was looking for something a little more earth friendly. I'd recommend it!

http://www.colcasac.com