Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
I had a terrible experience in class today. As I was working on my MBP the kid in front of me leans back (stretching, I assume) with un-capped pen in hand and puts a 1.5 inch pen mark on the top cover.

I wiped it off quickly which got some of it but there is still a mark, it's not overly noticeable but I think you can also understand why I want to get it off. I tried wiping it off with Bar Keeper's Friend which had no effect positive or negative. Any other ideas?

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
yes rubbing alcohol is good for removing pen marks. also if you have a baby wipe you could try that.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Thank you both for your help. Rubbing alcohol took the remaining blue ink off but unfortunately the pen left a scratch on the lid, it's hardly noticeable but it'll always remind me of that obnoxious kid.

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Anodized Aluminum...

Thank you both for your help. Rubbing alcohol took the remaining blue ink off but unfortunately the pen left a scratch on the lid, it's hardly noticeable but it'll always remind me of that obnoxious kid.

Unfortunately you will likely be left with a scratch in the Anodized Aluminum... at best you will have to try and "conceal" it... can't really "fix" it I don't think...:(

Earlier poster had some Magic Solution; could be worth a try if it bugs ya enough ... :mad: Please advise this Forum if you try it and it does work!!

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
grab his pen and leave him a 1.5" scratch in his forehead. He'll be more careful next time. :D

Sux, I have a little nick in my LCD from being careless with the plug to my headphones. Of course, it's dead center in the display so I always see it. It drives me absolutely NUTS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.