Help! Cleaning Pen off MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kuebby, Sep 14, 2007.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I had a terrible experience in class today. As I was working on my MBP the kid in front of me leans back (stretching, I assume) with un-capped pen in hand and puts a 1.5 inch pen mark on the top cover.

I wiped it off quickly which got some of it but there is still a mark, it's not overly noticeable but I think you can also understand why I want to get it off. I tried wiping it off with Bar Keeper's Friend which had no effect positive or negative. Any other ideas?

2. klymr macrumors 65816

3. matttrick macrumors 6502

yes rubbing alcohol is good for removing pen marks. also if you have a baby wipe you could try that.

4. kuebby thread starter macrumors 68000

kuebby

Thank you both for your help. Rubbing alcohol took the remaining blue ink off but unfortunately the pen left a scratch on the lid, it's hardly noticeable but it'll always remind me of that obnoxious kid.

5. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Ah. Just drop an uncapped pen into his bag.. Make sure it's one of those liquid-ey ones.

You can try this for your MBP, no idea if it works. http://www.welovemacs.com/tiscrconclr.html

6. knopix macrumors member

Let it go and move on, sh*t happens. In a few months you'll probably forget it's even there.

7. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

He was too slow and not very accurate.

8. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Anodized Aluminum...

Unfortunately you will likely be left with a scratch in the Anodized Aluminum... at best you will have to try and "conceal" it... can't really "fix" it I don't think...:(

Earlier poster had some Magic Solution; could be worth a try if it bugs ya enough ... :mad: Please advise this Forum if you try it and it does work!!

9. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

grab his pen and leave him a 1.5" scratch in his forehead. He'll be more careful next time. :D

Sux, I have a little nick in my LCD from being careless with the plug to my headphones. Of course, it's dead center in the display so I always see it. It drives me absolutely NUTS.

10. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Isn't that ALWAYS the case?! :eek: