Help clendar, Help

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by saladiro, May 13, 2010.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi,

I use iCal and sync with my iphone. However, on the iPhone, I really don't care much for the calendar app. I have seen a few I like in the iTunes store, but just about all are associated with gloogle calendar. I don't need any complexity as in haveing 3 way sync.

I just want a better calendar for the iphone thats syncs with iCal...

can anyone help me?

2. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

None of the third party apps are allowed access to the iCal, so I doubt you'll find anything besides a couple of todo apps that sync via your desktop to your desktop iCal.

You could also just use a calendar app that syncs to Google calendar, then use a spanner on your desktop to sync Gcal to iCal,

or, you could just wait a month or two for the OS 4.0 to be released, and then a lot of calendar apps will have direct access to the iPhone's iCal, and the iPhone's iCal will sync to your desktop iCal.

Personally I'm sticking with Pocket Informant and waiting for their update that allows us access to the soon to be released OS 4.0.

Gcal is decent, but when Google changes the API, it causes strange problems for developers and app users. I had repeating appointments created before a Google calendar API change, and after the API change, my Gcal using apps were updated as well, but those repeating appointments would never change time or delete via the apps, and they'd always revert to unchanged times or undeleted events after a sync. Annoying! Google never announces a change in API or gives the new API to developers, so developers are scrambling when Google makes changes, and app users are left unable to sync.

In short, I'm looking forward to the OS 4.0 update and dropping Gcal sync.