Help: Clicking Noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DorianSilver, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DorianSilver macrumors newbie

So I turned on my Macbook Pro today and this clicking noise is coming from the rightmost fan hole. I am really nervous that it is a serious issue as I use my Macbook for probably 15 hours a day for all sorts of artistic ventures.
    After exploring, I've discovered with I use it on certain angles, the clicking stops, or increases/decreases in noisiness
    Anybody have experience with this? Is there a way to clean it of the issue?
    I haven't had any problems with my system before, and the computer itself is operating perfectly

2. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Sounds like you have a raging case of "there's a piece of dirt in the fan."

3. DorianSilver thread starter macrumors newbie

My machine -is- pretty dirty, just from its being used everywhere you could imagine. What would be the best way to clean it?

4. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

One of those cans of compressed air would probably work. If not, I'm not sure. As long as your machine is working ok I wouldn't worry too much about it.

5. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

This happened to my MacBook a few days ago. It sounds like a darn movie projecor. :eek: I was on my way to the Apple Store, literally 10 minutes away, and someone offered me $900 cash. :D Sweetness. I sold it and if he ever has a problem with it, he has Apple Care until March 2010. Now to wait for that paycheck and pick up a new MacBook.

6. Mirrorball macrumors member

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. The clicking is driving me crazy. Does anyone know how to make it go away?

7. lyl macrumors member

8. Mirrorball macrumors member

Thank God the noise stopped! I didn't do anything. I tried to clean the fans with a vacuum cleaner, but it didn't work.

9. nozebleed macrumors 6502

wow, i had the same issue. took it to the apple store, decided to send it out to applecare myself after i deleted all my warez and formatted back to 10.5 :D. sounds like we might have a case of bad fan bearing syndrome