HELP...Combine Playlists

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zsnake, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Zsnake macrumors newbie

Here's the story. I bought an I-pod Touch. I used it for a year or so and then gave it to my wife. She downloaded music to it using my account and password. I got tired of paying for all her music, LOL, and we made it into an account for her.

She has since forgotten her password (after downloading mucho songs) and I tried to re-set it for her using MY I-tunes page.

When I went to reload her songs, only the ones on MY account showed up on the player.

How can we (I) get songs from both sources (Her I-tunes and My I-tunes) onthe dang thing so that I can have some peace around here?

NOTE...she now has playlists in both places (accounts) and wants all of them on the I-pod as it was when I had to back-up and reset her password.

HEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

3. Zsnake thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried, and tried and TRIED to accomplish the above and can not get it right.

Is there anyone out there that will take the time to lead me by the nose and explain each step I must take to reconcile this?

PLEASE?

I'm NOT the brightest bulb in the pack and over 65, so that someone must be patient.

Thanks in advance....and thanks Pharmscott for your advice.

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I'll give it a go. In iTunes, click the Store menu (at the very top of your screen). Then choose Authorize this Computer. If you've already authorized it, iTunes will tell you so. Then, click the Store menu again. This time, choose Sign Out. Next, click the Store menu again(!) and choose Sign In. Sign in using your wife's iTunes account (email) and password. Now, repeat the Authorize step above. Both accounts should be authorized to the computer.

As far as sharing and merging go, do you each have a computer or are you sharing the same one?

5. Zsnake thread starter macrumors newbie

Pharmscott....THANKS! We are using two different computers, but I finally got to talk to an I-tunes rep and he straightened me out. Now that I have YOUR input, I'm sure that I can do it the next time it comes up.

Wife is happy, and I may get dinner tonight! LOL

Thanks again.