Help... Company iPhone and photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by edawg417, Nov 24, 2012.

1. edawg417 macrumors newbie

Hey MR,
    So I was going back and forth with my wifey on my company iPhone, sending pics and such, kind of thoughtlessly. Is my company able to monitor my picture messaging without physical access to the phone?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nope. And don't be stupid, stop sending naked pics to your wife from a work phone. Use your own phone.
    Oh and use a better thread title.

3. edawg417 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Jessica...I love you (Kidding of course)...thanks for putting me at ease. I will no longer send nudey pics to her from my iphone.

Thanks.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Send them, just from your own phone. And everybody loves me ... it's a hard job being me. :D

5. edawg417 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jessica...what if i'm connected to my company via vpn, from my phone?

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

data through a VPN is encrypted, so no one else will see the data, but company policy may allow it to be decrypted for their own info. so they may be able to see what data is being sent depending on their rules and regulations. this may be to keep people utilizing the work VPN for private use and traffic. it may be a violation of their use policy so i would be careful.

7. edawg417 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard that they're not able to view picture messging though. True?

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

probably not, its may just be seen as data use, not specific photos. i know this issue always arises with people on blackberry devices and if their company can see their usage and pics over their BES servers. bottom line is that its a work phone, using a work VPN and should not be used as a personal picture messaging device according to company policy. unless otherwise stated, its walking on thin ice and i wouldnt risk it if i were you guys.

9. edawg417 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool...yeah...i'm not playing with it anymore...too risky

10. laudern macrumors 6502a

perhaps maybe you could post one of the pics on this forum....just to ensure we are receiving all the details necessary...