Help! Condensing slides for easy printing in iWork 08

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matt1987, Sep 17, 2007.

1. matt1987 macrumors member

How do you do this? Through iWork or Preview!

It seems like it's the only advantage a Windows OS has over it as I've never seen a program on Mac that will let you take a lot of slide and condense them into four on a single page for easier printing. Why is this not possible?

Is there any free-ware program I can download that will let me print out a 90 page powerpoint presentation/pdf/whatever in this manner?

MUCH THANKS.

2. sturigdson macrumors regular

I rarely use Powerpoint or Keynote, so I don't know if this is the feature you need, but you can always change the page layout in the print window to print 2, 4, or more slides/pages per printed page.

Go file>Print, then pull down the "Copies and Pages" button to Layout, then make youre selections there. This is universal in Mac OSX- so you can change this layout in any program, not just Keynote.

Hope it helps.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This true, but Keynote provides additional printing options which are more configurable than the universal "page ups" menu. In the print dialog box, click the Copies & Pages drop-down menu and select "Keynote." Many other printing options will appear, including thumbnails, notes, etc.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

for PDFs, download the mac version of adobe pdf reader. I know for a fact you can print in this fashion using that program.