Help!!! Connection problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xai, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Xai macrumors member

I successfully jailbroke my iPod Touch....I installed apps using Cute FTP 8. Now I cant connect to Cute FTP anymore...it always says connection failed..Ive tried Root/Alpine, root/alpine and the other two variations of the two....has anyone had this problem? I want to put some apps and figure out some things but I cant connect with a FTP right??? Any thing will help

Thanks

2. 864646 macrumors regular

have u tried to restart ur touch then reconnect??
    i dunno it works for me when it wont connect

3. Xai thread starter macrumors member

Hmm I just restarted it and now Im able to download BSD subsystems so after that is down downloading Ill give you and update

4. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

Make shore you ipod is on the same network as your computer. i made that mistake lol.

5. Xai thread starter macrumors member

Still no luck

The connection failed due to an error or timeout.
    1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
    2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
    3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.

Thats what I get....the port is on 22 but I remember it being on 22...

6. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

remember you are SSHing. tick that box. also, you gotta find your ipods IP.

7. Xai thread starter macrumors member

I have been doing that....still no go.....any suggestions

8. Xai thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I should try another program....Anyone have and suggestions that work for them?? Anyone else having this problem???

Maybe I should restore and rejailbreak???

9. dellavoce macrumors regular

I'm having a similiar problem. I jailbroke my touch and have added aps, made modifications using cuteFTP many times. I just changed to a new wireless router last night (upgraded from 802.11b to 802.11g) and with this new router I did require a password to get on the network (I was totally unsecured before). Both the computer and the touch had no problem getting online with the new router, but now I can't connect to the touch using cuteFTP. I thought the new router might have changed the touch's IP address which it did, but even after I changed that, I still couldn't get connected. Any suggestion?