Help! Connection Problems!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bata668, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Bata668 macrumors newbie

Ok so I have a now 1 year old Mac Bool Pro
    My internet connection up until about a few months ago has been absolutely 100% fine.

I use a Linksys router for my wireless connection and it connects to my laptop, and my rarely turned on pc and 360.

Lately, my connection keeps turning off A LOT or airport says it can't connect to the network.
    It has gotten so bad that when I get connection it is only for a few seconds then it turns off.
    For the longer spans of time that I can get it to work, loading a page on the internet is like watching paint dry.

I heard that downgrading to a different airport connection can possibly solve this problem but I don't want to muck around without some opinion...

Help please : <

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Routers, like hard drives are something that will eventually break (it is just a matter of when).

I would do a hard reset on your router, unplug your modem and try a fresh setup. If that doesn't work, it might be time for a replacement.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Could be a problem with your internet provider as well. Try router reset and then contact to your internet provider if it still lags

4. Bata668 thread starter macrumors newbie