Help Converting DVD Decrypter Files to iPhone 3G Format

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JH-, Mar 5, 2009.

1. JH- macrumors 6502

I downloaded DVD Decrypter and have recently started to use it to put my movie collection on an external hard drive. I also want to convert these movies to mp4 format and bring them with me on my iPhone. This is where the problems arise. I have successfully ripped the movies and obtained a complete working file on the hard drive. They also successfully convert using a program called Media Coder. I have even managed to get it into iTunes and then onto my iPhone. It plays fine in iTunes. Only when trying to play it on my iPhone do I get an error saying, "The movie format is not supported." Help?

Please do not recommend Videora unless you can direct me to a complete step by step walk through to the current version as I have never had any success with this program.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why... didn't you just use HandBrake?

Is this commercialware?

3. JH- thread starter macrumors 6502

Whenever I use Handbrake it completes 99% of the conversion and stays there. It never completely finishes. I would be more than happy to use it if anyone could direct to me a guide for the new version. I just have had no way to get it to work in the past.

All the programs I used are free.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

There is a Media Coder iPhone edition, have you tried that, it has worked for me