Help copying Womanizer Logo :/

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by jamcoupe, Nov 4, 2008.

1. jamcoupe macrumors newbie

Hey I am trying to copy the Womanizer logo in Illustrator but its not really working.

Okay so I have it bascially. But on the real logo there is a nice shine to it because have have lines going through it and there is a little gradient to it too.

Anyone know how this would be possiable?

Heres my image and the logo:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help would be great :D

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

1. Duplicate your text and color it white (or some other light color).
    2. Make a shape over the new text and turn that into a clipping mask. Make that Group (the top text w/ the clipping mask) about 25% opacity and change the blending mode to "overlay"
    3. Align Group directly over the original text

Attached Files:

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

From my eyes, it doesn't really appear to be a gradient, but rather some overlayed shapes with distinct borders.

4. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

i don't think your "E" works, it needs to be connected to the "N". the top of
    womanizer's "E" is a different shape.

personally i would change it.

otherwise once you add the shape/gradient over it will look very similar.

good work so far...

5. shamrock593 macrumors regular

I find this sort of stuff is much easier to accomplish in Fireworks using punch / intersect commands.

I tried recreating the effect:

[​IMG]

I did it by typing womanizer in Futura, converted it to paths, ungrouped it, and extended some of the glyphs by hand, I joined the e and r together as well. Then I added radial radial gradients to each character. Then the reflection, I drew a square over the bit that I wanted to be affected by the reflection then selected the reflection and the characters and hit Modify > Combine Paths > Intersect. Then I did a reflection from light purple to 50% white, then made that path ~20% opacity with a 2px solid purple border.
    :D