HELP!!! Corruption data with Parallels client connected to OS X Server 10.6.8

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by will999, Sep 15, 2011.

1. will999 macrumors newbie

OK Guys,

here is the deal... i have a MAC MINI with OSX server V10.6.8 Leopard and the "clients" are all IMACS from 4gb to 8gb Ram. They all have Parallels installed because of the Use of Accounting Software.

I have AFP + SMB services opened and all access privileges fixed for every user. The problem are: VERY SLOW getting information from my accounting software + sometimes there is some Data corruption while i'm using my accounting software.

What do i have to look into it? Is there really a solution for the problem?

thanks

William

2. pismobrat macrumors regular

3. will999 thread starter macrumors newbie

All connected via LAN with a router!

I didn't have corruption data problems with the Windows Server... but i have no idea how to fix it with OS X server...

thanks

William!

4. pismobrat macrumors regular

Hey

Thanks for the reply

There are a couple of questions I should get clarified before we try to solve.

1) What accounting software? Simply?
    2) Do you have a Windows server on the network? What OS
    3) Are the parallel clients bound to the domain, if there is one?
    4) Staff loging in with AD accounts?
    5) Are the workstations hooked up to a swtich? If so what is it? Managed or Unmanaged?
    6) Have you ran any packet capturing from within the VM to see if there is any packet loss?
    7) Does the VM have any other errors in the Event Log pertaining to miss written information (Check the System and Application logs)

5. will999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help!

William!

6. pismobrat macrumors regular

Hiya

I took a look at ACOMBA's webpage and couldn't find jack on their system requirements.

So here's what I gather from this.

Need system requirements of this software. Did it get installed specific to their recommendations?

Do you have a service contract with them - eg call them for help.

Is the data a MySQL or SQL back end. The list can go on.