Help creating a logout script to delete specific users Keychain

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Miles.Kelly97, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Miles.Kelly97 macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I was wondering if you could help me out, I have been reading into creating a log out script that will delete a users Keychain.

I am finding lots stuff saying that login/logout hooks are now deprecated but they are still functional in El Cap.

However my question is in regards the script itself. I was going to create a logout shell script following the advice from this page http://www.amsys.co.uk/2015/02/delete-keychains-logout/?nabe=5737850786545664:0 but I want to make this specific to one user, I don't want the keychains of our normal users to be affected. This script would be attached to our Freelance account. This would save me time in clearing up after freelancers have used our kit.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Miles K

2. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Might it be less hassle to use a guest account for the freelancers?

3. Miles.Kelly97 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have thought about using the Guest User account however I have always thought it is a bit risky if they were to bring some work down onto their desktop and to not save it back to the server, once they have logged out we will lost some business critical work...

4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

I see your point.

Maybe you could use rsync to synchronise the guest's desktop folder with a folder in /Users/Shared. You could use a launch agent to schedule it, say every hour or whatever?

5. kryten2 macrumors 6502a

Can't you use a conditional statement for this like :

Code:
    if [ "$USER" == 'freelancer' ]; then
            do your stuff
    fi