Help Creating Windows 7 ISO Disk Thingy

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bbbensen, May 5, 2009.

1. bbbensen macrumors 6502

So I downloaded Windows 7, and Im kinda confused on how to make the boot disk. I have tried to use Disk Utility by selecting the ISO and clicking burn, but there is always an error. Do I burn the disk image itself, or the folder that comes from it?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

best way to download via windows (explorer :() and burn there with imageburn and verify. (need to pull the burned dvd in the drive again, still open imgburn)

3. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

why?

not sure why disk utility won't work. it should. have you checked the hash for ensure there is no corruption? that being said, i would normally burn with toast. or a free alternaive is burn

4. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

What's the error message and are you burning to a blank DVD? Disk Utility is the easiest way to burn ISOs on a Mac.

5. bbbensen thread starter macrumors 6502

Ill try Burn. Thanks.

It says:

"Unable to burn "super long name". (The device failed to respond properly, enable to recover or

and it stops there, as the window is too small to show the full message, and I cant make it bigger.

6. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Can you burn anything? I did a quick google and a few suggestions turned up.

7. bbbensen thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the google, but I got it to work. I just decided to moved it to my XP side, and made the ISO disk there.

Thank you for all your help though. :)

8. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

No worries. Glad you got it sorted :)