Help! Cydia won't load properly after JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Aphillipe, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Aphillipe macrumors newbie

So- I've tried twice now and had to restore both times. Once I JB successfully and load Cydia for the first time.

When it loads, it asks what version I want (user, hacker, or developer) and I choose user.

Next it begins loading packages yet it gives me errors for each.

Says Error: Refreshing data. Failed to fetch httpL//apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/packages.gz cached failure Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

It then immediately asks me for an essential upgrade: One or more essential packages are currently out of date. If these upgrades are not performed, you are likely to encounter errors. It gives me the options: Upgrade Essential, Complete Upgrade, or Ignore (Temporary)

Nothing can download as it says hosts are unreachable - what do I do with this garbage??

2. alanisrox69 macrumors regular

The servers are just slow right now.

Try using 3G not WiFi as well. Not sure why, but the DNS on 3G seems to be faster (than OpenDNS/etc)...

Just keep trying, it will work.

3. Aphillipe thread starter macrumors newbie

Well Should I upgrade when it asks - and if so - should I do essential or complete? Also it's not connecting to some of the hosts- anyone have a list so I can manually add them?

4. thep33t macrumors regular

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Did it run fine before JB???

sorry i couldn't miss the chance

Just give it some time, server are being hammer, I got a private repository and it work fine (of course only me and 10 more people have it) all the other ones failed.

Wait until the fever goes down a bit and try again

6. Aphillipe thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope not working - everything I download fails to show up on my home screen WTF!?

7. alanisrox69 macrumors regular

Cydia -> Complete Upgrade -> Reboot iPhone -> Launch Cydia, install whatever you want to install. If it doesn't show on Home Screen, Reboot iPhone.

8. anixon macrumors newbie

Can anyone get it to work?

Can anyone get it to work? I keep getting a 504 Gateway Timeout. Is this all from everyone jailbreaking using jailbreakme . c o m, and then using cydia? :mad:

9. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

server is just being bombarded at the moment. think of all the normal jailbreakers and all the newbs who are trying to jump on the wagon now that its legal and facetime can work over 3g. no way cydia can take all the traffic right now.

i was able to get my main apps up and running, ill wait a few days to go looking for more

10. anixon macrumors newbie

Yeah I got it to load once, oh well I'll just try later today. It was ok this morning.

11. illutionz macrumors 65816

Yes I got the same errors.... Servers are just very very slow right now

12. lnferno macrumors 6502

13. illutionz macrumors 65816

It seems that BigBoss repo are doing much better than modmyi...

14. lnferno macrumors 6502

Yah, except the apps I want are from modmyi. This is frustrating.

15. illutionz macrumors 65816

I managed to snag one app from modmyi but so far I have no luck.... Need to redownload my Music Controls and Notified

16. gottafly macrumors regular

I had the exact same experience as the first poster here. Question is, due to the questionable Cydia install, should I try to do a reinstall (jailbreak me.com or restore first so as to not duplicate) ?

Also, I had questionable service when the " Essential Upgrades" dialogue showed up so I hit Ignore ( temporary). NOW, how do I go back to install the Complete Upgrade?

17. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

its all the new people overloading the servers. calm down, you are only making it worse.

18. gottafly macrumors regular

I am perfectly calm, it's still working just fine.

Would still like to know how to go back and request the Complete Upgrade though.

19. lnferno macrumors 6502

I was finally able to get the RockAPP and MyWi :D