Help! "Dark" trouble with photoshoping images for the web!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Derkomai, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Derkomai macrumors newbie

I bought a nice CS3 Extended for college along with a Macbook Pro, really nice sale price and everything. A few months using it for creating pictures with my wacam intuos I've noticed, however, that when I save the images in jpeg format for the web photoshop makes the images darker! It's...horrible!

All the precision...all the long work hours...and the results cannot be viewed by anyone but myself!

This wouldn't be so bad if I were more self absorbed, but alas.

For a very long time I've always saved the files in .psd format, and gone with Save As --> jpeg for the finished files I would upload, having made the files smaller for the web already. Save for Web & devices I just found out was an option to me today, but it only shows the file in its to-be dark form, and none of the sliders/drop-downs I fiddle with change it to its lighter/original form. I create in RBG.

I've opened the sved jpeg using multiple applications and they all turn up darker. Opening it up on photoshop, however, sees that it is normal. I posted it and saw what it looks like from a PC, and it's lighter there. This is very strange for normally I hear things are darker on PC's then what's seen on a Mac. I am in dire "i don't understand" land.

Please, any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,
    ~Derk

2. LeviG macrumors 65816