HELP! Data recovery!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Thetics, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Thetics macrumors regular

It was a late tuesday night, I was hours in on a giant project when I had decided that I need to better organize my data. Heres the low down.

I have an Imac, a Blacbook and a Macbook pro.

scattered files between graphic design stuff and audio recording stuff (i play in a band)

Heres what I wanted to do.

iMac: Homebase housing both graphic design and audio recording files.

Blackbook: mobile audio station, strictly for current project files related to audio.

Macbook Proo: mobile graphics station, strictly for current project files related to graphic design.

So i began by copying my files from both laptops to an external harddrive, then I copied all necissary files from my harddrive to the imac, thinking everything was in tact, i began cleaning out the other systems, the external and the imac as well. It turns out i accidentally deleted my projects folder containing all my graphic design work! from all systems, What can I do? I dont want to shell out thousands at a recovery center. Any Ideas? Ive stopped using all of the systems. to prevent data overwrite. So to break it down this is where this particular folder was.

Originally on the macbook pro, and macbook (identical folder), it was copied over to the external hard drive, then it was copied onto the imac and then trashed. (both from the imac, and the external), then it was trashed from the laptops.

Any help would be awesome. Ive tried searching but I cant find any confident information.:confused:

2. Thetics thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, I'll give this a shot as soon as I get home!

3. Thetics thread starter macrumors regular

No luck.. None of the files it found are recognizable to me.